Friday, March 30, 2007

United top of the rich list - who gives a flying ****?

According to Forbes.com, United are the richest soccer club in the world, even though they've been overtaken by Real Madrid regarding annual revenues. The latest findings have been based on something called an 'enterprise value', which takes into consideration the clubs market value and its debts. Now here is the weird thing, United are in more debt than any other club on the planet, so quite how that translates to wealth is beyond me.

The man in the street doesn't much care for this sort of league table, being top of the rich list is no guarantee of silverware on the sideboard come the end of May. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'd be quite happy to finish mid table rich list wise if we won all the prizes.

1 comment:

Our Comment Policy. Do NOT post spammy unrelated comments for the purpose of link building - as they WILL be removed...Comments containing foul and vile abuse will be deleted.