Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mourinho talking his way out of the Bridge?...

Rumours continue to suggest that this will be Jose Mourinho's last season in charge at Stamford Bridge, the latest news is that UK press reports are claiming that Mourinho has been blocked from signing Micah Richards and Jermaine Defoe from Man City and Spurs respectively. Earlier on in the week Peter Kenyon was in China promoting Chelsea, he was given the opportunity to deny that Mourinho was leaving, but the Chelsea CEO didn't reply directly to the question, instead he chose to say that the club is making good progress - but his silence on this issue was deafening.

Further to this the BBC sport website has been speaking to various leading figures from the game and it seems everyone is talking about Jose quitting this summer.

BBC Sport - a bit early for a Jose obituary maybe, but the article isn't far of it

In an earlier bulletin, Jose admitted that it's unlikely the Blues will support him in the transfer market this January. Mourinho says that the squad will be the same as it is now when the transfer window closes. IF what the Portuguese manager says is true then surely this is further evidence of a major rift.

Jose - 'my future isn't important'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Comment Policy. Do NOT post spammy unrelated comments for the purpose of link building - as they WILL be removed...Comments containing foul and vile abuse will be deleted.

Follow by Email